Terms & Conditions
“EBT” means the company Essex Boat Trips.
“Customer” means the person, company or organisation booking a trip.
“Fee” means the cost of the trip as published on the EBT website or otherwise agreed in writing.
- A booking will be provisional until EBT receives the following: . a. Customer name, telephone number and (if possible) an email address as well as full payment upfront
- Upon receipt of the above EBT will confirm the booking in writing by reciprocated medium.
- These Terms and Conditions of Booking apply to all bookings confirmed to a Customer by EBT and by entering into a confirmed booking the Customer agrees to be bound by them (unless otherwise agreed in writing).
- A copy of these Terms and Conditions of Booking is available on request, on the EBT website
DEPOSIT OR PAYMENT
- A deposit or full payment upfront may be requested to secure a booking. The remainder of the fee is payable on the day
- On the day we can only accept cash as payment for the remainder of the fee, not cheques or credit cards.
CANCELLATION BY CUSTOMER
- More than 4 weeks before the booked date then the Deposit or Payment is returned.
- Less than 4 weeks before the booked date then the Deposit or Payment is forfeited. Full payment is still chargeable.
- If the Customer requests an early return to harbour then the full Fee is payable.
CANCELLATION BY EBT
- Due to bad weather either the previous day or on the morning of the trip, the Customer has the option of the Deposit or Payment being returned in full or moved to another suitable day.
- Due to illness, mechanical breakdown or other unforeseen circumstances, the Customer has the option of the Deposit or Payment being returned in full or moved to another suitable date. In this case every attempt would be made by EBT to find another suitable boat, if suitable with customer.
- In the case of a children's party; Pirate, Fairies, Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Mermaids trip, if cancelled and unable to move to another date £20 will be deducted from the refund to cover costs paid in advance.
- EBT cannot be held liable for any loss incurred by the Customer in arranging the trip if EBT has to cancel the trip.
- The Customer MUST telephone EBT the evening before the trip between 1900 and 2100 to check the weather is suitable for the trip to go ahead and finalise details. Telephone 07791 859624
- Failure to telephone will be taken as acceptance by the Customer of any decisions made by EBT for the following day.
- EBT's decision is final with regard to the weather but we try to get out if possible with due regard to safety and common sense.
- Please note: wind is the skippers' main concern; rain, hail and snow do not effect navigation of the trip.
ALCOHOL, DRUGS AND SAFETY
- Due to changes in insurance company requirements NO alcohol will be allowed on board at any time.
- Drug abuse or excessive alcohol consumption will cause an immediate return to port at the full cost of the trip.
- Any injury or loss sustained on board must immediately be reported to the Skipper.
- Children under 16 years old are only taken aboard the ‘Lady Grace’ by accompaniment of an adult.
- EBT’s Vessel, Lady Grace, is licensed for a maximum of twelve passengers and one crew.
- Any medical conditions that might affect a customer during the trip MUST be reported to the Skipper at the time or booking or before departure.
- All images on this website are subject to copyright.
- If a customer would like to use any of this images whether for private or business use, he/she must put their request in writing to EBT by email prior to use of the image. Failure to do so will result in an invoice being sent and/or legal proceedings being pursued for settlement of the infringement of rights.
INSURANCE AND LEGAL
- Anything you catch you can keep if above the minimum landing size and not subject to a temporary landing ban or is banned from keeping aboard the ‘Lady Grace’ such as tope, smooth-hounds, spurdog and females thornback rays.
- It is illegal to sell any fish caught on board.
- EBT’s Vessel ‘Lady Grace’ and Skipper are licensed to operate as required by the local authority, Colchester Borough Council.
- EBT maintains £2 million Public Liability Insurance.
- Photos of persons taken onboard 'Lady Grace' are only taken with prior consent of a responsible adult/parent/guardian, this consent is automatic permission to be used on EBT website only.
- Any photos taken onboard 'Lady Grace' may be used for local magazines and newspapers BUT only with consent of a responsible adult/parent/guardian.
- Personal data obtained from EBT clients will not be passed to any third parties and shall only be used for the intended purposes they were given for.
- These Terms and Conditions of Booking and all other express and implied terms of the contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Booking shall affect the rights of Consumers.
- All clauses and sub-clauses of this Agreement are severable and if any clause or identifiable part thereof is held to be unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction then such enforceability shall not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions or identifiable parts thereof in these Terms and Conditions of Booking. Essex Boat Trips Revised April 2016